Let InterForm help you with your AFP & AFPDS output
If AFPDS is no longer your desired path for output InterForm400 is your right choice.
Since IBM no longer supports Advanced Function Printing Utilities* you may soon need to decide whether to invest in a new AFP utility or consider your options.
* IBM has with the V7R3 dropped the IBM Advanced Function Printing Utilities (5770-AF1).
AFP was a good option at a time where printers were relatively simple and your main output option was printing.
This is however not the situation anymore. Printers are far more advanced and the costs of IPDS printers can for the majority of customers not be justified.
InterForm is a complete output management package that manages multiple output formats reflecting your current business needs.
When selecting InterForm, you will no longer have to spend money on expensive IPDS printers and you will get a tool that will enable you to do Label printing, Excel, Word, PDF, PDF/A, XML and much directly from your AS400 / IBM i.
- Get rid of your expensive IPDS printers – use any PCL, ZPL, IPL printer you like
- Create PDF, PDF/A, XML, Label printing, Barcodes, Emails, Excel, Word, ZUGFeRD, and much more
- Consistent output no matter what output format you generate
- Easy dynamic document design with Drag N Drop and WYSIWYG design tool
- Enrich spool file with external data
InterForm as replacement
As InterForm supports AFPDS, you can just use your current AFPDS spool files as they are. Without any changes to your existing print programs, you can immediately start to use and benefit from InterForm. When InterForm receives your AFPDS, the product will transform it to any of our many output options.
Proof of concept
Let us show you what we can do. Send us a copy of a spool file along with a copy of the matching design and we will prove the concept for you.
Contact Us to learn more about how we can help you with your AFP challenge.